Thursday, September 11, 2014

What's the big idea?

Do you ever have those moments where you feel so unsure and confused, but then an idea just happens to suddenly hit you like a sack of bricks? Today in English, I had one of those moments. I've been stressing over my "big question" since before I was even involved in this class. I had endless possibilities in my mind, yet I was unable to formulate them into one single idea. But today I realized it didn't have to be like that. All this time I was thinking that my big question had to be extremely specific, and that it would need to involve some big project. But today as I read over the big question topics from the past year, and listened to Dr. Preston talk about endless possibilities, and how we could make it what we wanted, I began to feel a wave of relief. I realized that my big question could pretty much be anything, and didn't really have to be a single question after all. It could be an idea, a thought that I build on. And what better way to conjure up that question/idea than by thinking based off of what I'm passionate about? I'm finally beginning to figure out what my big question is and where I want to go with it. I can't exactly state the idea just yet, but it's definitely in the works. More to come on my big question in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment