Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My University

I suppose that my day with independent learning didn't exactly involve a lot of scholastic and academic talk, but I was learning nonetheless. I sat with a couple of my best friends and we decided to put our books and stress aside and simply talk about the random topics that managed to come up. We talked about our futures and birthdays and were able to just talk and laugh and take our minds off the stress that was put on by school and life's obstacles, and instead focus on the stress of the coming year and summer ahead of us. We were still stressed, but it was for a more worthy reason. We learned of each others trips ahead, each of us leaving the country. We talked of the trip we took together to Spain and France this last summer, and about how in the coming summer, Alyssa will be going to Italy, Imanie will be going to Uganda, and I will be going to both. We all have a lot on our plate ahead of us, but we're all very driven people who work hard for what we want. Class may not have been a structured academic facility today, but I think we all needed a "day off."

No comments:

Post a Comment