Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Intro to Poetry

Working Together by David Whyte
1. The significance of the title is that it basically states what the poem is going to be about. The poem is all about different peoples and elements and the universe as a whole working together to make something bigger than the individual.
2. The tone of the poem is very optimistic.
3. My mood as I read the poem is very hopeful and reassured.
4. There is no real obvious shift.
5. The theme of the poem is that everything works together to make something bigger than just us.
Thinking about these questions helped me gain a better understanding of the poem and why it was written because it forced me to analyze the words and their context more closely. Rather than just reading the words without thought, I had to make something out of them myself based off of the way in which they were written and the meaning they were meant to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment